Langsung ke konten utama

A reunion of a thousand meanings

My name is Uzlatul Izzah. I have classmates who are more than anything. In any situation we support and complement each other. We are always together even when we are apart friendship can still go well. We always keep the news even though it's been three years apart.

Me and my classmates, who were always together everywhere, finally had to separate because of education. We graduated and separated for about 3 years, but we still make very good friends. In the evening during the month of Ramadan accompanied by the sun that will set and a very beautiful view around it. We with faces filled with hunger and thirst waited for the Maghrib drum to arrive.

The reunion we held made us come together again and share our stories. After the laughter died down, we left the place that was rented for this reunion. It's been three years since our graduation, I never thought I could meet these busy people. They were friends I spent good times in high school with.

“Want to stop by the meatball stall where our favorite used to be? heard that the sales are really selling well and the place is getting better.”

"Okay, still hungry, here." Said Marwiyah who was sitting on a motorbike.

It turns out that the meatball stall that we used to frequent on weekends still creates the same taste as before, even the place is wider than before. The seller is still the same, with a smile that is his trademark. With various employees serving, it makes us believe that our favorite meatball stall is now very advanced.

"Eh, do you remember when Marwiyah and Putri had a fight when they were in grade 10th and kept fighting on the floor?" Saddam recalled the incident again.

"I'm the only one who saw them from start to finish." With serious faces we discussed the incident.

"What is it that caused them to fight?" Asked Inul who was still curious about the incident.

"It's a long story, at first they teased and mocked each other, then one of them got emotional and immediately pulled each other's hair which caused their headscarves to fall off. They continued to fight, with my shocked and panicked gaze starting to call upperclassmen who in front of the class. They immediately helped and started separating the two." I answered with a convincing face and asked permission from Marwiyah and Putri to tell this story. I, who was in that situation, couldn't stop them because they were fighting so hard. I tried to intervene but couldn't, instead I was the one who intervened when I was punched and the pain was excruciating. That incident scared me, and I could only scream and advise the two of them to stop the fight.

"Surprised, how could they fight like that." Inul replied with a surprised face.

The night was filled with laughter that resurrected stories of our past. When a new student named Bobi, who doesn't know each other, is gathered together in our class which makes him entangled in a class full of drama and jokes.

As classmates we spend more time even with our own families, it's no wonder we forget to go home. The Maghrib prayer, which is our obligation, can be forgotten because of our excitement about this insignificant matter.

I looked at their faces one by one, it feels like just yesterday I saw their innocent faces when they made a mistake that almost caused an uproar in one school. Now they are much more radiant and starting to change.

"Let's collect the money, let's pay for the meatballs" I said approaching them one by one.

However, one of us ran out of money. "Duhhh, my money was used up to buy gas earlier."

"It's just my money." Answer them almost simultaneously.

"Yeah, let me just pay for it." I said firmly. Finally I rushed to pay and we started getting ready to go home each.

If we remember, we used to fight about a friend who didn't have money to pay. now even scrambling to pay each other. I never thought we had grown up with different attitudes.

It was a meeting where we are hard to forget. Those times were difficult to repeat, because some of us were already busy with our own lives. Success for all of us!

Komentar